Friday 11 September 2015

Possibly the last bright sunny day

I got out to the car park around 10:45, hearing a Siskin on arrival, it was just a bit on the lovely side, sunny, nice breeze from the East, so I was expecting a few migrants. As I got to the bottom to overlook the landfill, I got onto a gull, large, all dark primaries, no pale on the inner secondaries, very white upper tail, strong tail band...it looked good for Yellow-legged.

The only migrants ended up being a steady flow of mostly Swallows, no less than 250-300, but probably more than double that, as many were up very high. House and Sand Martins were among them. The juv Little Owl was in the same place as 'usual'.

5-6 Buzzard were up, plenty of Kites, a single Kestrel, a single Sparrowhawk, but deciding not much else was going over, I went around the car park field and found very little, bar 2 Nuthatch, until I cross the road to BSL, when checking for Spotted Flycatcher I heard 1 and saw a 2nd Coal Tit, quickly heading off to the East.

Nothing to say about BSL itself, then headed back to the car park, where I picked up 2 Raven high up, circa 800-1000 feet, just NW of Lodge Wood.

I have been promising myself a dusk Lavell's visit, but not managed it so far, with rain coming in tonight, I wonder if there will be a nice evening in the near future, if any left in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment