Friday 25 September 2015

Strong migration

When I arrived at the bottom of the car park field on Thursday, a large flock of 100+ Meadow Pipit, were moving about, but mostly staying, this is about the largest single flock I have seen anywhere on DP.

200+ mixed House Martin and Swallow were lingering to the NE of Lea Farm, few warblers in the car park field. As usual Nuthatch was present, calling nearby.

Today, passage was lighter, but I did see one of the two Wheatear on the landfill. I remained hopeful of a decent passage raptor, but no joy. Less than 20 Meadow Pipit today, but I did get Linnet over, new for September.

Also new was news from Richard of a probable Garden Warbler near Ron's hide was interesting, the Red Crested Pochard was still on Sandford per Marek this morning. Grey Wagtail dropped onto a post on the edhe of the car park as I was about to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment