Tuesday 20 October 2015

More of the same

A busy weekend, meant no time to catch up on my blog and I don't have lots now either.

I was out in the car park field 18th, seeing another 150 Golden Plover moving around the A4 airspace at 09:05. about 10 Skylark on the landfill and then 2 late House Martin came thru at 09:14. So many times I am seeing small jobs pinging about, 2's and 3's, I am sure most are Siskin, Lesser Redpoll and Reed Bunting, but one never knows what we are missing. Smatterings of Redwing still coming thru too, as are the odd Meadow Pipit.

A quick look at Tern scrape revealed at least 20 Snipe and a Water Rail, 2 Cetti's calling.

Today I hadn't been there long when a hot air balloon came over Lodge Wood slowly SE and it put everything within a 2 or 3 mile radius up, one benefit at least was seeing 7 Little Egret come in from the North. Hundreds of ducks were in groups from 3 to 15 spread across the sky, which was rather grey and providing poor visibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment