Friday 30 October 2015

Okay wildfowl counts

The rain wasn't falling hard, so I took a wander around Lavell's, Sandford and BSL North end, mostly in an effort to try and find a Goldeneye. On Lavell's there were 95+ Gadwall, 30 Wigeon, 30+ Teal, 6 Shoveler. On Sandford there were 130+ Wigeon, 40+ Gadwall, 11 Teal, 16 Shoveler. I didn't count the Tufted's as there were so few.

I didn't go to WSL, LFGP, or check Teal Hide end of Lavell's.

Later Geoff sent a text to inform me he had a juv Stonechat to the left of Ron's hide on the reeds at LFGP. Trevor said about an hour later, he couldn't find a juv, but an adult male was in the reedy ditch beyond the NE corner....bit like buses I suppose.....and an addition to October's total, now 96!

Could a Goldeneye grace us on the last day of the month? Can anyone find a Jack Snipe, or Firecrest? I'll be looking for all three tomorrow morning,

No comments:

Post a Comment