Friday 8 January 2016

Bright morning

I was out around 08:30, it was nice bright and cool, so my hopes were high of some excitement and as pleasant as it was, very little showed.

61 Pochard on Sandford, plus the female Red Crested Pochard, I've tweeted and WhatsApp'd it so many times now, my phone's predictive offers it as soon as I type R, C & P.

I checked BSL quite well, but just Wigeon and Gadwall and 2 more Pochard. In the car park field, very little at all, just 2-3 distant Fieldfare. I did pause to watch a Red Kite on the trees above the Barn Owl box and took a series of pictures, nothing special, but nice light and more or less in focus.













At Lavell's another 18 Pochard, so their numbers are well up, a Little Grebe hiding under trees far left side, was new for my 2016 year list, so 72 of 79 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment