Saturday 16 January 2016

Still lovely crisp and bright

Nothing much to report this morning, the Little Owl showed quite well out of the hole before a couple of Jackdaw took exception. I've cropped the shot so folks can see where it sat in relation to the hole, in the top left.


I have been allowing the rubbish thrown into the scrub around the edges of the car park field, to really irritate me, so today I decided to climb in and throw a load of it out and place it in two piles, I intend to send these pictures of it to the council and ask why they have increased the parking charges, when they cannot even pick up the obvious litter, let alone fine a single person for littering, or dog fouling.




I know I'm in the mood for a fight with the council and having emailed radio Berkshire to ask them if they would ask WBC to comment, even they ignored me, so someone's going to get it from me soon.

After I left a Green Sandpiper was seen at LFGP and even though it is only the second year running in recent years we have had this species in January, it seemed fairly predictable with October, November and December records.

I also got third hand reports of Goosander at WSL mid afternoon and just read on Berksbirds it was Linda Garner Langham, with photo. http://www.berksbirds.co.uk/show_photo.asp?photo_id=10246

Well done Linda, you put the DP year list on 84, matching last year and moving it in to =3rd highest January.

No comments:

Post a Comment