Wednesday 23 March 2016

Grey start

It was very grey at 05:59 as I left the house so no need to scrape the ice off this morning, so arrived 5 minutes earlier and opposite the green bridge were 2 Little Egret that clocked me and went off North, not to be re-found on LFGP.

On LFGP, rather quiet, 26 Teal, 70 Wigeon, 3 Gadwall, 1 Snipe and despite much scanning, had no luck in finding a Wheatear, Garganey, Sand Martin, or anything else new.

The winter thrush flock seemed bigger today, about 100 of Fieldfare and Redwing together on the East side in trees just beyond the landfill, but circling like they were getting ready to go there.

On my walk back I heard Mandarin and looked back to see them on the Loddon near the green bridge, but shortly after I picked them up heading for Sandford Copse, I also heard Parakeet again.

At Sandford, there were more Gadwall and Wigeon, a guess of around 100+, but nothing else, I did a quick look at Bittern hide, 12 more Teal, 5 Shoveler, 2 Cetti's heard, 6 Snipe and I checked them all for Jack, with no luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment