Thursday 14 April 2016

110 marks something

I was out early and decided to forgo LFGP completely in favour of finding Lesser Whitethroat and Reed Warbler. So I went straight for the car park field and heard one calling immediately in the central compound, before it headed to the Blackthorn near the footbridge into Lavell's.

Lesser Whitethroat marks 110 for my 2016 year list and whilst it sin't anything special, it beats 2012 by 2 days and that is something because 2012 was a mind blowing year.

Later I convinced my son to come out for a walk in search of the Redstart seen this morning, but no luck. The park is on 119.

My year could of course all fall apart from here and a major rarity occur while I'm away in May, I can only hope that I don't miss a mega.

Recorded already for me to still get are Reed Warbler, Cuckoo & LRP, with Swift, Garden Warbler, Hobby and hopefully Wheatear to follow any day now. These are the 'bankers' plus Tawny Owl, but we can expect quite a few more over the next 20 days I am in the UK.

Good chances exist for late passing Brambling, Garganey, Arctic and Black Tern, Greenshank, Ringed Plover, Black-tailed Godwit, Marsh Harrier, Osprey, Grey Plover, Curlew and Whimbrel, plus Spotted Flycatcher, maybe even Pied and I never dismiss another Wood Warbler showing up.

My heart is set on a mega like a Red-rumped Swallow, or Red-footed Falcon, like I say, I pray I'm here for it, if it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment