Wednesday 27 April 2016

A lie in

I've been promising myself a lie in and based on the continued cold conditions, took one today, not that it helped much I woke before 6 anyway, but I kept my head down.

So around 11:45 I thought I'd have a stab a Swift, since they aren't out early and sure enough my first 2 Swift for this year were firing all over the sailing club airspace.

The sleet was still falling in short bursts, but lots of raptors were still up, I missed the Hobby Brian had over the green bridge, but am not sure how as I was overlooking the landfill.

With 3 days of April left and no waders coming thru it is going to be hard to match 2012's 128 for the year, even though we are on a healthy 125. That is 2 more than 2013, 1 more than 2003.

April itself is on 107, 1 more than 2015, still 4 short of 2003 and 7 short of 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment