Tuesday 5 April 2016

Bright again

A 45 minute look from the bottom of the car park field was bright and pleasant ahead of the predicted cooling down tomorrow onwards.

That said, little was actually happening, no hirundines, just 1 Willow Warbler, 1 Blackcap, several Chiffchaff, tons of Kite and Buzzard, both Kestrels, 2 Sparrowhawk, then a Yellow Wagtail, which was nearly impossible to get on to, but luckily called a lot as it went over North.

Just before I left, I panned my scope onto 3 large raptors, high up and some way beyond Lavell's, 2 Buzzard and a BOP sp, which was as large as the Buzzards. All were circling, Buzzard with wings up, the other without, on one turn it looked a little long'ish tailed, but I couldn't get anything on the underside as distance was too great, it kept circling and moving West, so always going away.

I kept thinking as I watched "it's going to do a Buzzard dive any moment and give itself away, but it kept circling, with wings flat, preventing me from getting anything on it's underside. It may have just been a Buzzard, but I had a creeping suspicion it was a Goshawk, but the views were way too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment