Monday 11 April 2016

Still waiting on a bumper spring influx

The bird walk yesterday was very quiet, sure we saw the Whitethroat, but overall fewer Blackcap, Chiffchaff's and Willow Warblers were to be found.

We had a single Swallow and Sand Martin over East together, 2 Teal, 1 Snipe and the only excitement was when I picked up a flock of 30-40 waders high up over LFGP, about a 1000 feet up in 'V' formation, heading South, but then veering West. I called them as Golden Plover, but that was an assumption and when trying to get the other on to them, took my bins off them and lost them, refound them and lost them again when I dashed out of the hide to try and get them as they went overhead. It was the moment before that, that I felt they might be larger, even Godwit size, but now I'll never know.

Today I was out at 06:00 and again very little was happening, the pair of Shelduck were present at LFGP and keen to see if they could get on the tern raft, 1 Lapwing, 4 Teal, 2 Little Egret over South.

At least the sunrise was nice


No comments:

Post a Comment