Tuesday 23 August 2016

Moving on

With the Spotted Redshank as expected now gone, there were no Greenshank either and it even took some time to find the Ringed Plover on the East shore, mostly due to the sunlight spangling into our faces. 5 Common Sandpiper, 2 Green came in after 7 from Lavell's, the 2 LRP's still about.

I checked and re-checked the vents, but no joy, then I noticed a small bird on the little mound just beyond the last metal post in the NE corner, scoping and it's movement confirmed my first Wheatear this year and pleasant get back from the spring, it was a little too distant for a shot but here is my finest ;0)


The Nuthatch on the feeders seemed a better shot so I took these two




It is now time to check for Redstart, so off I went and despite it only being a very quick one, I did find a Lesser Whitethroat in the big Hawthorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment