Thursday 25 August 2016

Nice theory

The clouds loomed dark and it began to rain as I brought my wife home, I felt the conditions were perfect for a tern, or a nice wader.

BSL was dead, but the rain and clouds still promised potential, I hedged my bets on Lea Farm and headed there. Nothing on first impressions, but after some searching the Common Sandpipers appeared, 5 in all, so the same as the last few days. 1 then a second Green Sandpiper appeared, the same 2 juv LRP's still present too.

A lone Little Egret, 10+ Teal, 2 Shoveler, was it really and despite several quick scans for a Swift I found none.

With the forecast weather of showers, thunder storms all coming from the South it is still likely we'll get something interesting, if nothing else the car park field should yield results any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment