Saturday 29 October 2016

Another fine wader

Out well before light today I felt full of optimism, the Shelduck still present and even awake, the Jack Snipe showing well in the usual area, 8 Fieldfare over, then checking a couple of fly over Wigeon, I picked up a Curlew heading over North, circling once it kept going.

Less than 10 minutes later and it circled again, then again and finally came down into the NE corner, waited 10 minutes and went to the lake edge for a drink and light feed.

A great get back after missing the March 11th bird, 135 for the year now places me one off equal 3rd best ever year total!

The shots are pretty terrible





Just reviewing the autumn additions, it amazes me to find I have added 14 species, 6 in August, 5 in September and now 3 in October

No comments:

Post a Comment