Saturday 1 October 2016

Busy seeing not a lot

I haven't skipped a dawn for ages and when I did on Thursday, the hide was discovered unlocked, no sign of the locks, the recently donated scope gone and the metal tool box open....the belief is a break in with bolt cutters.

Apart from the Garganey remaining and still there this morning, visible when the fog cleared, there hasn't been much else to report. There were 2 Grey Wagtail teasing us at the beach, but it is surprisingly hard to get a decent shot, especially in rubbish light.


A Green Sandpiper touched down at the sailing club, my first since the flooding of the 18th/19th Sept and it didn't stay more than a few seconds, I am pleased to say the Green Sandpiper showed up on the mud just re-emerging again in the SW corner of LFGP.

There has been a continued trickle of Meadow Pipit SE, 9 in one flock this morning, usually 2-4 every 10 minutes I've been out over the last 3 days. I saw Hobby on Thursday, but not yesterday.

A new annoyance is the farmers to the East of DP are shooting at the geese, with one injured bird bleeding from it's beak sat at the sailing club beach and you have to assume it is in a lot of pain and will most likely die. What can we do, probably nothing.

I'll update on September's tally very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment