Tuesday 11 October 2016

Cold start

Out around 06:40, it was frosty and a bit foggy over the lakes, so I ditched LFGP for the car park field, but little going on, so I just captured the moment looking left and right over the landfill and some frost in the car park field...just for fun.




Later at LFGP the Pintail was still present, as was the Stonechat, the latter being chased off by a Jackdaw to the Phragmites ditch. A few Meadow Pipit were going over and I then counted a high number of 104 Shoveler, only the second time we have broken the 100 barrier ever.

Scanning around I picked up 13 Fieldfare coming SW over the landfill, which I think is my earliest date.Several Snipe were hiding in the vegetation on the East shore.

At the car park, looking over the landfill again, 50+ Redwing SW, Kestrel, Sparrowhawk, a couple of flocks of small finches, 4 Skylark and a Water Rail calling from the balancing pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment