Monday 17 October 2016

The mystery deepens

Adam called me today from Lavell's, he'd seen my blog and was nearby so had been wandering along the area of yesterday's Marsh Tit claim.

Nothing happening, but on the return loop quite near to the double pylon, he heard a quite loud nassal call, unlike any he'd heard before. After 4 calls he 'pished it' and got an immediate alarm call in response, it moved but all he ever saw was moving foliage.

It never called again and with my car out of action I buckled and biked it down....nothing.

Adam described the call to me as best he could, but all the guessing amounts to nothing and unless someone comes up with some eyes on this bird, or records it, we will never know and given the rarities in the country from the East, we should pay serious attention and try to clinch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment