Thursday 2 March 2017

Long stayers

I managed an early start today and starting at Lea Farm G.P. there wasn't much to write about, Wigeon and Teal numbers are now falling, no visible waders apart from the odd Snipe and a pair of Oystercatcher.

I got onto a flock of about 40 finches flying West over Lavell's, too big for Goldies, but too far away to ID. As I crossed the green bridge about 15 came overhead, but in the windy conditions they went over so quick I couldn't get anything on them. It's a good time of year for Brambling to go thru!

A few Pochard and Tufted's on Sandford, I couldn't see the Ferruginous on the way past and too windy and probably too late to see Bittern at WSL.

To my surprise the Brent Goose was still on Goat island on BSL, it's 61st day here.

No comments:

Post a Comment