Friday 17 March 2017

Thursday/Friday

Yesterday I was out early and am finding it easier each day I rise at 06:00, at LFGP an Oystercatcher bearing ring number FH3730 was in front of the hide, I'm hoping that is enough to find out where it originated, despite that 1-2 more characters may have been there?

2 Grey Wagtail dropped on the sailing club beach a Little Egret went over, then a Meadow Pipit.

Today a Redshank was frequenting the same spot Geoff thought he'd had a Ruff, my sentiments are it was more likely this Redshank, but we'll never know for sure.

At BSL I was very surprised to find a male Garganey with the Tufted Ducks just off the sailing club, I'm sure it didn't like my scoping it and it flew almost immediately off over the gold course and out of view, where on earth was it going? It has to be the same male from the 11th, hiding somewhere...there all sorts of puddles and pools out the East of DP.

I checked over the landfill, a Skylark, a Meadow Pipit over, the odd finch sp and as I was walking back I heard then saw a pair of Mandarin heading over the hedgerow towards Lavell's.

As I write, Bob has reported our first 5 Sand Martin over LFGP, placing the year list on 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment