Monday 10 April 2017

Not so hot

A contrast today after yesterday's sweltering 24 degrees, barely 15 today and at 06:00 much cooler when John and I arrived at Lea Farm hide. Not much to speak of, but 2 Kingfisher in front was nice, just 8-10 Teal left, 2 Oystercatcher over.

I felt lucky so we set off for a look for Nightingale, but no sign yet. Willow Warblers and Cetti's obliged in more than one place and even the pair of Mandarin were slow to leave the view point, no doubt still checking out various nest sites in the vicinity.

Time was up for me and no additions today. Scanning Berksbirds this evening I see Bert saw House Martin at Whistley collecting mud, how can it be that nobody has seen this species at DP if they are collecting nest material nearby?

I'll be back out tomorrow and hope I can get back across to Lavell's to add Whitethroat to my year list and maybe Sedge Warbler too. A Not to sound ungrateful for the recent Dunlin, but with Blackwit and Common Sandpiper at local pits today, I also fancy some waders......please.

No comments:

Post a Comment