Thursday 29 March 2018

1 bloomin hundred

Since the annoying cold weather has not ceased it has been an endless hope we will get a migrant, but I wouldn't wish that on a bird having flown so far, to arrive here to find sod all to eat because it's so damned cold still.

Much as I'd like to have seen Sand Martin, LRP, Swallow, even House Martin and Willow Warbler, none look likely in the next 48 hours, but we shall see.

Nonetheless, a Blackcap's song graced my ears this morning, probably 2, marking my 100th species for the year, and that is just fine indeed.

I look forward to an April Hawfinch as Richard saw one today and Rick saw 6-8 at the nearby StNicholas Church....as predicted, but I couldn't find the time to prove myself.

Any day now a biggy will show, the 18 year anniversary since my Purple Heron is here on the 5th and 6th April, my hasn't time flown...such memories....such bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment