Sunday 18 March 2018

More typical snowy result

I was due to go to Cardiff for work but snow stopped play and I got out to Lea Farm GP for a quick check and it was an underwhelming experience, much more like many a cold snap gone before.

2-3 inches of snow, strong East wind....no good birds....what was the difference from the last event that blew us all away?

No idea, the highlights were 8 Snipe, c60 Wigeon, c40 Teal, 3 Lapwing, 6 Common Gull, 2-3 distant 'probable Raven' 50+ Redwing, 30-40 Siskin in Alder above the path.

I can't recall a mid March date when snow did settle like it did overnight and continues as it does tonight, I'm sure I am just not aware of the facts. A few shots hopefully capture the glory of it.

I'd still love a Water Pipit, a Garganey and a Curlew would be great, perhaps a Little Gull, like other sites have been getting.







 



No comments:

Post a Comment